Room 10 News

Room 10 News
Team Bond First Day Photo

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Team Bond News

Each year I have always had a time spent in class called "Room 10 News." We would use this as our shared writing time to go over what's happening in Room 10, Glengary Elementary, and the World. During this time kids would create sentences and it would allow me to teach grammar, spelling, sentence variety, and many other writing skills. It also gave us an opportunity to create a historical document. I have kept these and referred to them as the years have gone on. It is especially powerful when I get to see the viewpoints of these third graders when major things happen in our world. It is simply a great way to integrate current events with writing instruction.

This year I thought I would change it up a bit and create a blog. Well... we are a bit off pace, as I intended on doing this much earlier...but it is the new year...with goals to accomplish. It is my hope that the family and friends of Team Bond keep up with the happenings of Room 10, Glengary Elementary, and the world. Because the kids will be posting things that are quite particular to Glengary Elementary and Room 10, I will keep this blog private. This post will be made public, but the actual posts of the kids that we will be completing in class on Monday will be published as private on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will send an email invitation to the families of Team Bond on Monday. Please try and read this each week, and I even encourage you to comment on the blog. It will be nice to see the interaction between families and students. It is my hope that we will also use this blog to publish other forms of writing and have kids comment on the pieces. Blogging has been a wonderful way for students to publish their writing and be able to receive constructive criticism for the revising portion of the writing process. Happy New Year! I hope you enjoy this added piece of 21st Century communication!

No comments:

Post a Comment